It just works
Whether you are a power user or DBA, you need quick access to sample data. Create dozens, hundreds or even thousands of records in just seconds. Using the preset options, you can go from installation to generating large quantities of test data in under a minute.
Just start Excel, go to the Data Menu (Excel 2003) or the RDG tab (Excel 2007+), choose your options and go. There's no learning curve.
No need to worry about how to randomize your data or how to find data sets. Random Data Generator does all the work so you don't have to.
Let's review just a few of the uses.
- Testing spreadsheet cleaning and processing functions
- Create randomly-generated passwords that conform to industry best practices
- Stress testing for database procedures (ADO, DAO, SQL) that need to handle large volumes of data
- Web demos for prospective clients using fake (but realistic) data
- Share and use test data without exposing actual customer or employee data to theft (HIPAA, SOX, etc)
- Create example data for load-testing macros/VBA that read range data into arrays
- Analyze existing processes and procedures using sample data to highlight bottlenecks
- Sample values for testing charting functions
- Create sample test data that closely resembles live data
- Testing any one of Excel's numerous listing and exporting functions
- Populate report templates and dashboards to determine appropriate sizing and parameters
- Mapping and geocoding distances between points
It's perfect for:
- IT Administrators
- HR Personnel
- Customer Service Managers
- Shipping Managers
And anyone that works with personal and/or demographic data on a regular basis that needs to quickly generate volumes of data for testing and demonstration.
You could try creating this data yourself — and spend days putting together all the information, only to have to figure out how to randomly shuffle it and output only the fields you want. This AddIn does all of that for you — result: you and your organization save time and money.Features Purchase