Supported Excel Versions
Excel 2003 Excel 2007 Excel 2010 Excel 2013
To view Microsoft® Access databases, you need Microsoft® Access, or a free viewer such as MDB Viewer Plus.
Random Data Generator runs on 32-bit installations of Microsoft® Office only. If your copy of Excel is installed as 64-bit, you cannot use this program.
Requires 1 MB disk space for installation and source files.
Minimum 1024 x 768 is recommended
Supports Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8. Requires DAO 3.6 (for Access database creation), Windows Script Host Object Model (checking forward compatibility), MSXML 6.0 (to read xml files, RANDOM.ORG API), RegEx (to create XML files). Windows may be installed as 32- or 64-bit.
To install Random Data Generator, at least one of the following three conditions must be met:
- You are logged in as Administrator.
- You have administrator permissions.
- You run the setup program as Administrator
- You can give temporary elevated permission for the installer to run.
To run the installation program "As Administrator", instructions for each operating system are as follows:
- Windows 2000: HOW TO USE WINDOWS 2000: RUNNING A PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
- Windows XP: HOW TO: Use the RUN AS Command to Start a Program as an Administrator in Windows XP
- Windows Vista: How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
- Windows 7: How do I run an application once with a full administrator access token?
- Windows 8: How to always run as administrator applications on Windows 8